The JMK Young Director Award
Great opportunity for potential young theatre directors!
What it is: A prestigious award that will enable the winner to create and produce a professional production of classic text.
Restrictions to apply:
1. Younger than 30 as of January 1, 2014.
2. Must not have directed more than two professional productions.
3. Must have some professional training in the performing arts.
4. Must not be in full or part-time education between now and July 2015 or currently undertaking a degree.
5. Must be resident in the UK.
When to apply: On the website from 17th January to 31st January 2015.
Application on Word Document:
1. Your name.
2. The name of the text you would like to direct, with the name of an alternative option should rights prove ultimately unavailable (both need to be chosen from the 2015 list – details of which will be released shortly).
3. No more than 100 to 500 words on your choice of text.
4. No more than 100 to 500 words on your proposed production.
5. No more than 100 to 500 words on your proposed work process to rehearse the production.
6. A copy of your CV in Microsoft word format (doc.).
History of The JMK Trust: The JMK Trust was established in 1997 following the death of James Menzies-Kitchin, a young director of exceptional talent and promise.
Past winners of the award: Thea Sharrock, Natalie Abrahami, Bijan Sheibani, Orla O’Loughlin, Polly Findlay and Joe Hill-Gibbins.
Note: This year applicants will be asked to choose from a new list of plays which will be available shortly.
Any questions please email [email protected]